Tell me, when was the last time you created something, just to have fun, like a kid?
I know, we get busy. Yet, we do find time to scroll, swipe and feed the feeds...
I get it, I stopped creating for years, but thank God I listened to the impulse and started drawing again. It's flowing, like a river in the spring. I've been writing songs too. I also dance a lot, I even dance when I walk, and even when I don't.
Coincidently, my spiritual practice is deepening. Hmm, interesting... Perhaps that is why being inspired means "in-spirit"...
At this point, it is clear to me that these movements and pencil traits are not really what "I do", but that my real work is to remove my sense of self, my ego, my fears, my blockages, from the vessel that I am so that the divine can freely express itself through me, as it's also begging to come through you. And that is our true Art.
Yes, we are channels for creation!
We're all creative because our Source is creative. Our Source is also loving, giving and abundant, and so is our core, our Truth. Whether we are conscious of our creation or paid for it is irrelevant to our inherent creative nature.
At different times in our lives, we're all singers, dancers, writers, storytellers, and painters! But let me clarify this: even business strategy, planning, engineering, and coding are creative! We're just putting tags and man-made concepts on it...
These are so much more than "professions" that are too often poisoned by performance standards, subjective thinking, and economic imperatives, they're vital modes of human expression for us to relate, for us to process emotions, and make sense out of reality. But once our creation is aligned with our Heart, oh, its beauty is irresistible!
All forms of creation are accessible to you at any point, no matter how your delivery takes shape and what formal training as prepared you or conditioned your mind, or not. Forms of Art are cultural carriers, codes, systems and beautiful manifestations of the divine on this colorful and diverse planet, our magical canvas with shades of blue and green we've transformed into breathing rainbows.
Yet, so many say: "I'm not creative", with great conviction. The wounds are still bleeding, the child loved creating, but now the inner light is dying... Yes, you were creative until someone laughed, a grade was given, until comparison and competition kicked in.
To this limiting belief of anyone not being creative I say:
You are creative, but you might be afraid of failing and dense within yourself. Hence why you're out of flow, out of sync with the Source, too many blockages. Remove these and feel yourself be creative again, in whichever way it chooses to manifest itself.
To attain a state of flow and nurture your creative qualities, I offer you these simple practices, which have done wonders for me in all areas of my life:
- Accept silence, spend moments alone to increase self-awareness and self-acceptance, breathing to start the dissolving of your inner blockages
- Meditate on love and peace, tune up your frequency to align with the highest ones
- Visualize light in and out of you, all creation stems from light, even ourselves - what I'm talking about here will one day be backed by science, and not sound New Age! ;)
- Connect with a consciousness or a guide who might assist your creative process, Salvator Dali or Jimmy Hendrix, anyone can help you and they want to!
- Do it with pure joy and bliss, otherwise, take a break and never force it. A river never tries to flow, a tree never tries to grow...
- Just do it, without any expectation, creating is a practice like anything else
- When it comes, make room to receive and honor the gift of inspiration: sit down with the right tools, practice, practice, listen and do not be afraid to be alone to hear the signals
- Once the creation is completed, bring your hands together for a prayer, "thank you, thank you for the words", or anything that came through, to clearly express your gratitude and openness to receive more and more divine data.
to recover our powerful creative nature, we must be Love, be Light, align with divine consciousness with such dedication and reverence so that our fears blocking our inner light can no longer exist.
That is the work of a lifetime! It is not about "you" or "me" doing this or that, it's about us welcoming it, making room for it, with gratitude, excitement, humility, and great care to deliver it in its most graceful and delicious way to all and our curious senses, as they amuse and seduce our senses too.
To be creative is to honor and continue God's work on this planet.
To be creative is to connect with the consciousness that sparked our existence.
To be creative is to remember our true nature, and embody the divine on Earth.
We create with every thought, and with every word we say. We've been given more powers than we know how to use, and it has nothing to do with how good of a dancer or a writer we can be, oh no, it's all about becoming humble carriers for creation, flowers blooming in ways no eye has ever seen, with fragrances no one has ever smelled, until you became a loving vessel and rekindled your Inner Light.